Our Story

St. John's Lutheran Church was formally organized in 1878 by German immigrants. 

The congregation has built three different buildings throughout its history. The first was constructed in 1881 for a total of $200. After outgrowing this wooden structure, the congregation built a brick building in 1910. Both of these buildings were located 1/2 mile north of our current location where today you will find the church cemetery. The congregation moved into the new facility in January 2005. 

The congregation was part of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod from 1913-1984 when, after much prayer and deliberation, they chose to leave the LCMS and affiliate with the American Lutheran Church which became part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. 

Since 1963, the congregation has maintained a cooperative arrangement with the St. John's Lutheran congregation in Riplinger sharing both the pastor and office secretary. 

Contact Us        Find us on Facebook
B3750 St Hwy 13, Spencer, WI 54479 ~ 715-659-5158 ~ sjlcoffice@frontier.com
All rights reserved. Bible image courtesy of www.christianphotos.net